Monday, December 7, 2009

Manna Bread


Over at 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven. Jen talked about her journey of going vegan. Well, I have not decided to go vegan, but I was very intrigued with the idea of eating food in its natural raw state. Plus, I like the idea of feeding my children good nutritional food. So I decided to make manna bread. Here is what mine looked like. It took me a week to sprout the wheat. I think I was trying to sprout to much, but overall it tastes great. I also made sprouted wheat bonn bonns. I cannot get mine to form into balls, but my 1 year old enjoyed it. My 4 year old did not like it, but I think she needs to learn to eat other foods. I enjoyed it and look forward to having more tomorrow. I also made almond milk. I was able to make some great shakes with bananas, and blueberries. My 1 year old thinks this tastes great. My 4 year old thought it was okay, but she did drink the small cup that I gave her. I also learned that we could use flax seed as an egg substitute. Anyways, I am having fun learning new ways to make good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment