Wednesday, September 2, 2009

War Update

This is my second week of the war on my butt. I am happy to announce that I lost 2 whole pounds. I am very pleased since I was sick this last week, and I worked out 2 days last week. I also worked out 2 days this week as well.

When I took my PE class in college I learned that it takes 128 days of working out to get in shape. So I have 4 days down and 124 to go.

I also read an article through ACSM that talked about strength training and weight loss. Those who added strength training lost more weight, and were able to keep weight off for a longer amount of time. Also, it helps reduce the risk of obesity, reduce risk of cardiovascular disease, reduce risk of color cancer, reduce risk of diabetes, and reduce the risk of depression.

Well, I am really motivated to add strength training in my work out. I did do my usually run today. It still took me around 1 hr and 20 minutes. I then did 15 lunges on both legs. Then 25 squats. I should have done more, but that was hard. About a year ago I could do 50 with no problem, so I have a way to go. I also do enjoy the Jillian Micheal's DVD, so I need to get back to that as well.

Well, let's see what next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment