Monday, November 16, 2009

Good Fairy

Lately, I have been overwhelmed with kids and house work. My Honey was out of town, and I was extra overwhelmed. I started to think, "Why can't I have a Good Fairy?" Like on Cinderella. I already have my Prince Charming, but boy would I love a Good Fairy to help me out. The things a Good Fairy would do would: Clean your whole house while you were sleeping, Clean all leaves in the yard while you are sleeping, Make a delicious meal to come home to while you are running around doing town getting things done. When we were kids we had Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny. I think as an adult I need something magical to look forward to as well. I really like the idea of getting extra help, and then I started to realize that I have many Good Fairies in my life. My Honey is my Good Fairy whenever he does the dishes, makes me a cake, does laundry, or puts the kids to bed. My Mother T is a great Good Fairy. She helped out with my two girls when they were born. She makes delicious food, and cleans, and laughs. She is a lot of fun.

The other day I had taken a long train ride, and I was on my way home. An elderly man started to talk to me. As usually, I had to tell him that I speak English. He then asked if he could borrow my mobile phone. His battery died, and he was trying to call his wife. He even said he would pay me. Of course, I had him use my phone, and I would not even consider having him pay me. He called his wife, and then told me I had saved his life. He was so apprieciative. He continued to thank me as I left. That day I was that man's Good Fairy. And it felt great helping someone.

I think I spend to much time feeling sorry for myself, and I feel like my mountain of responsibilities gets bigger everyday. But I realized that others need help as much as I do. Even something small goes a long way. But if you happen to be lost in the woods and a sweet little fairy helps you get out, will you please send her my way. I would love to have her give me a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment