Friday, September 11, 2009

Today there are good things.




Today it September 11, 2009. Eight years ago the United States of America was attacked by terrorists. Eight years ago I was single living with my parents, and not sure of my future.
Today I am living in Denmark. I have a wonderful husband, and 3 beautiful girls.
Today I went to pick up my 3 year old from her daycare, and she greeted me with her face painted like a dog. She has thought about having her face painted for several weeks now, and she has wanted to be painted like a dog for several days now. When we left we saw two elderly ladies who just had a great time with my darling's face. They laughed and smiled and loved her face. She was proud and happy to be a dog. Not only did her face make me, and her little sister smile, but everyone that saw her.

Eight years ago very bad things happened, and there are some very bad things in this world, but for me right now I have very wonderful happy things. I never imagined anything bringing me so much happiness as a proud 3 year old with a painted face.

I think we all need to have our face painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment